My recent trip to Dubai had me filling my shopping cart with all the beauty goodies. I had put up my Dubai haul picture on Instagram, and I thought why not put up mini reviews of each one of them – more like my own take on the awesome products that I bought there. Well, the best out of the purchase was the HudaBeauty Liquid Matte collection. I got the Nude Edition which consists of four amazing shades.. each a perfect nude!
Huda Beauty launched her liquid lipstick range last year, and I have wanted to get my hands on them, but being in India, there is a slight disadvantage, where you just have to depend on the insta stores mostly to fulfill your beauty cravings. Not that I mind, but I just get a little paranoid before things arrive 😀 trust issuse 😉
Anyway, here’s my take on this awesome baby:
The Lip Shades: The Huda Beauty Nude Edition consists of four beautiful shades
1. Venus – venus is a pretty brownie-pink shade that is flattering to most women.
2. Flirt – Flirt is a good nude-brown, again, an amazing shade that looks good on almost everyone .
3. Bombshell – Bombshell was not too flattering on me, I felt it made me look washed out. It is overall a good shade, just not my colour.
4. Trendsetter – Trendsetter, is indeed a trendsetting shade. I love the pretty terracotta tinge that I am absolutely loving these days.
Formulation: The minis are amazing, an ideal size to carry in your make-up pouch. Trust me when I say that I have 3 out of the 4 shades in my makeup pouch at the moment. The lipstick is creamy and takes about a minute to mattify on your lips. It stays good on your lips but it is not smudge-proof. You might need re-application if you eat or drink anything.
Packaging: These cuties are cuties! These are smaller versions of the liquid mattes, with HUDABEAUTY Liquid Matte written on one side, the Shade name on the bottom. The bottle is transparent, so you can see the colour. The cap is black. The wand is a regular tip and it smells awesome!
Size, Quantity & Price: The Nude Edition consists of 4 1.9ml minis. I like the mini version because it is pocket friendly. All the shades are beautiful and you can use the shades as one, or you can play around with different colours and create your own. You can also use the lip contour pencils to outline your lips. The Nude Edition costed me AED150.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cera Alba [Beeswax], Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Alcohol, Ethyl Vanillin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Propylene Carbonate, Water, Phospholipids, Coffea Arabica Seed Extract [Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract], Olea Europaea Fruit Oil [Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil], Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linoleic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lycopene. +/- May Contain: Ci 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], Ci 77491 [Iron Oxides], Ci 15850 [Red 6], Ci 45410 [Red 27], Ci 77499 [Iron Oxides], Ci 19140 [Yellow 5], Ci 16035 [Red 40], Ci 77492 [Iron Oxides], Ci 42090 [Blue 1].
1. I love the fact that there are 4 awesome shades you can get with one purchase
2. Worth the money
3. Nice creamy formulation, which does not dry out your lips
4. Easy to carry around
5. Can play around with the colours to make a new colour
1. I don’t like the fact that it is not easily available
2. and I don’t like the fact that it is not smudge proof.
Mommy Verdict: Overall, I love all the colours, and you can play around with all the colours to create new shades. Bombshell washes me out, but it looks good when I combine it with Flirt or Venus. I am just loving this purchase. I am keen to buy the brown edition now. Hopefully will get to make that purchase soon! *Hints for the hubby:P*
Mommy Rating: 5/5