Kajals/Kohls are my ultimate favourites! You can say that Kohl’s are my first love when it comes to makeup. I horde on it like I would on bars of chocolate.. you can go through my little makeup stash and the majority that you would actually find are the different kajal’s I bought because I just couldn’t tell myself “No, you don’t need another one!”
My affair with Kajals started out it college. It was the very first thing I owned and the very first thing I wore. Back in college, Kajal was the only thing I wore when there was an occasion. :D. It is the very first thing on my list that I cannot leave the house without! I LOVE KOHL’S!
Here are my top 5 Kajal’s that I recommend as a must-buy… starting out from the least favorite to my top favourite :
5. Catrice Cosmetics Kohl Kajal – This is one of the brands introduced to me by the Fab Bag. I have Catrice Kohl Kajal in the shade 010 -Ultra Black. It is a regular Kohl pencil, priced at INR 300 and is a 1.1g product.
- Pencil tip that is smooth and creamy
- Nice black colour, but smudges after a while, would not prefer to wear it on my waterline, and end up having panda eyes
- Needs two-three strokes to get the desired pigmented look.
- Can be great to create a smokey effect
- It is best to be used on the upper lash line as a liner
Mommy Rating and Recommendation – I rate Catrice Kohl 4, only because it smudges easily. I would recommend it to people who are very makeup conscious and don’t end up rubbing their eyes (like me).
4. Lakme Eyeconic Kajal – Lakme claims that their product is waterproof, no smudge, 10 hr stay. it is priced at INR 210 and is a 0.35g product. The Eyeconic comes in a twist up pencil and in a variety of colours. I own Black and Turquoise.
- Lives up to the claims, it is indeed long lasting, smudge proof and waterproof
- The twist up pencil does not need to be sharpened, the only bad thing about this product is that the tip of the pencil gets blunt, and would be ideal ONLY for the waterline because you cannot create a wing with a blunt pencil tip.
- The colour is intense, however, for me, I need to give atleast 2-3 strokes in order to get the colour like I want it.
- I just wish there was a lot more product in it.
- The only reason I bought Eyeconic because of the DIVA Kareena Kapoor Khan! :p
Mommy Rating and Recommendation: I rate Lakme Eyeconic 4.3 – I would recommend this product to KKK fans :p and also to people who love to experiment with lot of colours for their eyes.
3. Maybelline the Colossal Kajal SuperBlack – Well Maybelline did launch this one of a kind kajal that everyone was crazy about. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this baby, and boy was I glad! I just love when Kajals give me intense look and this baby does just that! This is priced at about INR 300, which is pricey, but hey, I don’t think twice before spending on Kajals..read on to find out ..
- Lives up to its claims! Love the intense colour, which is smudge-free and long lasting! What else could a girl ask for, right?
- The twist up pencil is great, I think the payoff is amazing, just need a lot more product..
- Not suited to create a winged look, well the tip will not do justice to the wing… the colour however is *bats eyelashes*
- I earlier owned the yellow twist up- Colossal Kajal, but I love the SuperBlack more than the earlier one, obviously because it is Indeed superblack!
- The price is a little higher for the amount of product. But I guess to get something, you need to lose out a bit of money too.. right?
Mommy Rating and Recommendation: I rate Maybelline the Colossal Kajal SuperBlack a 4.5 and I would definitely recommend it because, I simply love it!
2. Plum Naturstudio – I have been eyeing Plum Kajals for quite sometime, but I used to stop myself from going overboard to buy it for the mere fact that the Kajal is indeed pricey! It costs INR 425 for a 1.2g pencil. But my impulsion got the better off me, and I went ahead and bought a complete set consisting of a Kajal and also angel eyes Kohl with a smudger and a pretty mirror and a sharpener! That cost me INR 850 !
- I love the colour payoff. I feel that I do get the desired intensity that I look for when I apply Kajals.
- The plus of owning Kajal with a smudge sponge is that I can finally think about trying to do a smokey eye, even when I am a zero when it comes to it.
- I love the fact that this pencil can be sharpened. The sharpener is actually awesome as it has two settings.. one to get a fine tip when you sharpen the pencil, and one to keep the tip blunt! Amazing!
- The colour does smudge after a while.. well, it does for me, but it’s not that bad, that I won’t recommend it
- Plum is priced on the higher side… but I guess you can tell the investment is worth it.
Mommy Rating and Recommendation: I would rate Plum Naturstudio a 4.7. I love the colour payoff, and I also love all the goodies that were the part of my order from Plum 🙂
and drumrolll….. for last, but not the least…. my very favourite …
1. SUGAR Stroke of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl – Out of the many things I am glad I was introduced via FAB BAG, I was absolutely delighted to have this baby in my life! The Sugar madness is surreal. the products are outstanding, and I would not stop bragging about the fact that SUGAR has been the best Kohl I have laid my hands on. This costs INR 399 and is 1.2gm. You get a free sharpener when you order this kohl.
- INTENSE BLACK! yes, that is what the first stroke would really give you.
- Comes with a sharpener, so you can sharpen it for a fine tip.
- Is great value for money!
- I love the fact that you just need one stroke to complete your look.
- Smudges , that’s the only sad disadvantage, but I don’t mind the smudge if I am getting that intensity!
Mommy Rating and Recommendation: I rate SUGAR Stroke of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl a 4.9! I am in love with the Kajal and I have recommended it all my friends and cousins.. so yea, this is my ultimate love..
The swatches here pretty much do justice to my list, now don’t they?? I see that SUGAR is a CLEAR WINNER :D:D
This post is not sponsored. I am just listing out things I like, and hoping you would love them too.