Sorry for being MIA last week, as I had been caught up with a few things that needed to be looked into immediately!! So, in continuation to our MommyMonday- Breast-Feeding series, I am going to give you a quick low-down about the advantages of breast-feeding and how it is beneficial for both mommy and baby!
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to protect your baby against illnesses and provide him all the nutrition! For the first six months of their lives, breastfeeding is all an infant needs and many mothers tend to switch breastfeeding with bottle milk and other foods once their baby is over six months old ! It is recommended to continue breastfeeding for about 1.5 to 2 years along with feeding them solids!! The lesser known fact is that breast-feeding is just as good for you as much as it is for your child. Listed below are the advantages of breast-feeding for you and your baby!
The Advantages Of Breast Feeding For YOU:
* When you feed, your body produces hormones which help your uterus contract and retain its normal pre-pregnancy size.
* It is one of the best ways to get rid of extra calories as it reduces the fat storage in your body helping you get back into shape quickly.
* When you breastfeed; you do not really need to take any other contraceptive measures, as it prevents the risk of an unplanned pregnancy by at least 98%. However, this is possible unless you have amenorrhea (missed periods).
* Breast feeding keeps ovarian and breast cancer at bay and is also a great way to lead a healthier life!
The Advantages of Breast feeding for YOUR BABY:
*Breast Milk is a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and nutrients that the baby needs in their growth and developmental stages! Breast feeding provides the right supply of nutrients in the right quantities!
* Your baby gets all the immunity he needs in the form of breast milk. It reduces the risk of diarrhea and respiratory problems and also prevents the baby from any food allergies, sensitivity and protein intolerance!!
*Breast feeding builds a strong digestive system in the baby.
* It is the best way to bond by skin to skin contact, snuggling and creates a huge sense of emotional connectivity between the mother and child!
There are a huge number of reasons how breast-feeding is advantageous for you and your baby, we have listed just a few 🙂 Hopefully this helps you mommies out there in some way! We will be back next week with a new topic related to Breast-feeding!
Stay Beautiful ♡
P.S – Images used in this post are taken from Google – BeautyMommies does not claim ownership of these images!