Scratch…scratch..scratch…. those tiny little nails scratching away a mosquito bite can be a little disconcerting for parents. First you are upset that despite the fact that you slobbered on the repellent, a mosquito got away biting your kiddo, then you are upset that bite is making your kid uncomfortable. Not just mosquitoes, the same goes with any insect bite, that would make the kids uncomfortable! MamaEarth has now come to rescue! MamaEarth After Bite Roll On is truly a blessing for me, because I live in an area where mosquitoes make a meal out of any thing breathing *rolls eyes*
So, coming back to the roll on! This is quite an innovation, introducing a product that will relieve itching and discomfort of an insect bite! A blend of all natural products and essential oils, this is an amazing product that has provided a lot of comfort to my children.
Price: INR 249 for 40ml
What the bottle says? :
- QUICK RELIEF FROM MOSQUITO BITES – Mamaearth Mosquito Bite Roll-On provides quick relief from rashes and itching due to mosquito (mosquito bite scar treatment), bug and insects bites.
- REDUCES SORENESS AND REDNESS – It goes beyond providing relief to itchy skin. It reduces redness and soreness to support the healing process, helping baby’s skin get back to normal faster.
- SAFE FOR BABIES – All ingredients used are natural and free of toxins. They are totally safe on the sensitive skin of babies. It also has a soothing effect on the baby skin.
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY – The roll-on is easy to carry, and can be carried in first aid kits, pockets, backpacks, purses, bags.
- CERTIFIED TOXIN FEE – Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand. Free of DEET, Mineral Oil, Alcohol, Synthetic Perfumes, SLS, Artificial Preservatives.
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Coconut Oil, Lavender Oil, Calendula Oil, Peppermint Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Oat Lipid, Roman Chamomile Oil
How to use?: Apply to affected area as needed to relieve itching.
Buy it here: MamaEarth
My Take on the Product:
The MamaEarth After Bite Roll On comes in a travel friendly plastic bottle which I feel is such a plus for travelling mothers It can be safely stored in a regular handbag/diaper bag, so that it is always handy. On opening the bottle there is a faint fragrance of peppermint and lavender, which is soothing! I love the fact that MamaEarth thought about a roll on bottle instead of a spray, which makes it easier to dispense the product on the desired location.
My daughter had a mosquito bite near her knuckles, and you know how painful it is to scratch on that part! I instantly took out the After Bite roll on and applied it, and it glided easily on it. She was scratching away to glory, when I made her stop, and applied this roll on, and apart from smelling the product, she never touched it again, and the red bump soon turned normal. This I feel is a boon to my youngest daughter, who I feel is allergic to mosquito bites as she scratches a bite till it bleeds! I used to turn to our regular calamine lotions before this, but now that I have got the after bite roll on, I am a happy mom!
The oil isn’t sticky, so you don’t have to worry about it being icky on the skin. Also, it absorbs well into the skin in a while. The liquid isn’t runny, so it would slide off your skin once applied! Overall, I am happy that there is such an amazing new addition to the MamaEarth range of baby friendly products! This is of course free of ET, Mineral Oil, Alcohol, Synthetic Perfumes, SLS, Artificial Preservatives, which is of course a plus! And all the ingredients are derived from natural resources like Coconut, Chamomile, Lavender, Pot Marigold etc.
This product has been dermatologically tested and has been “MADE SAFE” for use in kids, and even good for new born skin.
- Travel friendly
- Derived from Natural sources
- Free of DEET, SLS, Alcohol, Mineral Oil and all the other baddies I don’t like in the products I use for my kids!
- non-sticky, nice fragrance.
- Instantly relieves itching of insect bites, and anti inflammatory properties reduce redness in a few minutes
- Ideal for use for kids and even new born babies!
None what so ever :D:D
Overall Verdict: If you have suffered with your baby, the many bites resulting in scratching till it bleeds, this is a great product for you to invest in! I personally am extremely happy that MamaEarth is thinking of all of these things for the kids! Kudos to great products from an amazing brand that we all have come to love and prefer! MAMAEARTH WE LOVE YOU!
Mommy Rating: 5/5
P.S: Product sent for review, but the opinions expressed are after trying and testing for more than a week! 🙂